ACT (Adults and Children in Trust)
Y O U N G P R E P S
“..it was her first at a day camp. I honestly didn’t think it would work; she is not used to such a long day. She was so tired when she got home but she was so excited. As I dropped her off one day, she told me about the white peacock, so I came in and searched around with her and found “Phil”. She was so proud. Each day seemed to have learned something new: songs, water games and all about the pill bugs in the garden…yes, the plans were full with discovery, wonder and being with friends!” – ACT parent
- Ages 3.5-5.8 as of September 1st
- July Camp (6.25-7.27)
- August Young Preps (7.30-8.10)
- Potty Training Required
July Camp in New York: A High Quality Preschool Program
- Incredible outdoor activities on the 11 acre Cathedral grounds
- Small group activities within a flexible structure
- Sports, art, music, storytelling, dance, gardening and water play in our aquatic area
- An early childhood division coordinator and low teacher-camper ratio for eighteen campers ensure children receive the loving attention they richly deserve.
- Our team of four per group includes: a certified early childhood head teacher and assistant teachers eager to introduce and share their exciting theme-based plans; counselors who present camp-like activities during down time; and counselors in training who provide the youthful experience often displayed by older siblings.
- Teachers help each camper experiment and feel successful whether they are making crafts, running an obstacle course on the playground, or searching for worms in our gardens. Campers experience new friendships, new games and songs, outdoor art under a canopy tent, playing in our private playground, planting in our vegetable garden, participating in camp carnival games, and following resident peacocks!
August Camp: Offerings Listed Here.